Thursday, December 5, 2013

5th Dec 2013


I know exactly how i want it to be,  but yet whatever I write never seems enough. Maybe because this story matters to me, or may be because this is the only story that ever mattered to me.

#PenguinPublicationAnnualLecture. Only my roommate know how excited i was to receive a confirmation mail for the event. But then the stupid stupid (one stupid won't do) delivery boy who did not deliver passes to me well in time. :(

Rendezvous with a friend. From sec 18 to connaught place. From books to keventers. Boy, you make me do stupid things. "Why should boys have all the fun?" hehe (winks)

Happiness is having somebody to call at 4 am. :)

#Socks - in every possible color. :D #December

The problem with most of us is, we compare our inside with others outside.

After all these years, I still wonder what would it be like to be addressed by my own name. (no you can not comprehend this one)

"I can call you pretty, but still I will call you beautiful. Because beautiful has so many more meanings for which pretty is not a substitute."
:O

And yes, I have finally found the word . Psithurism it is.
...................................................................................................................................

#KidPresident. He definitely made me smile today. :)

And just so that you know, I am not the only fan. President Obama himself called him and asked him to meet in person after watching his videos.
Do check him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5yCOSHeYn4

...................................................................................................................................

Before Sunset
(few of my favorite excerpts)


CelineI always feel this pressure of being a strong and independent icon of womanhood, and without making it look my whole life is revolving around some guy. But loving someone, and being loved means so much to me. We always make fun of it and stuff. But isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more?
.
.
Journalist #1: Do you consider the book to be autobiographical?
Jesse: Uh, well, I mean... isn't everything autobiographical?
.
.
Jesse: You want to know why I wrote that stupid book?
Celine: Why?
Jesse: So that you might come to a reading in Paris and I could walk up to you and ask, "Where the fuck were you?"
Celine: [laughing] No - you thought I'd be here today?
Jesse: I'm serious. I think I wrote it, in a way, to try to find you.
Celine: Okay, that's - I know that's not true, but that's sweet of you to say.
Jesse: I think it is true.
.
.
Jesse: You know, I think that book that I wrote, in a way, was like building something. So that I wouldn't forget the... details of the time that we spent together. You know, like just a reminder that... that once we really did meet! You know, that this was real! That this happened!
.
.
Jesse: Oh, God, why didn't we exchange phone numbers and stuff? Why didn't we do that?
Celine: Because we were young and stupid.
Jesse: Do you think we still are?
Celine: I guess when you're young, you just believe there'll be many people with whom you'll connect with. Later in life, you realize it only happens a few times.
Jesse: And you can screw it up, you know, misconnect.

No comments:

Post a Comment