Monday, December 30, 2013

Before "New Year"


So what's new this new year? Apart from my visibly shorter hairs :(  (Thanks to the girl who trimmed them.) and the fact that my mom is finally convinced that I can cook a decent meal and my future in laws won't call her to complain, how their son is constantly loosing weight. :P

So do you think this one year has changed me?
I think it did in a lot of ways. May be in a less visible manner but surely it did.

To start with I am happy that my fears and insecurities have changed with time. It only proves that I am no more where I was.
At the beginning of this year I thought I need to be more in control of my life and more or less I did act accordingly. Although surprisingly when I least expected it, things turned out to be in my favor. :P (making this year more interesting and exciting for me for sure.... the kind I will love to share with my daughter with all added details in her teenage) Meanwhile I learned to be more patient. Because no matter what, somethings just take time. Sometimes its good not to react at all and let it be. And most of all you can not control how others choose to feel for you. There is very little you can do about it. So stop trying to be a better and a well behaved version of yourself. You are already enough and amazing the way you are and in case you find yourself doubting just call your chaddi buddy friends. :D

And I know its foolish but it is worth mentioning, that I am little over my phobia of lizards after my summer internship days.

I hated June (Internship days) so much, and surprisingly not because my HR thought it was ok to expect 3-4 algorithm implementation each day when she knew nothing about them, but because I hated staying away from home. Because that 3rd floor hostel flat was the worst place to be in during holidays. It had all kind of insects, bees that use to swarm in my bedroom every morning from God knows where, a guest appearance by a monkey that almost gave me a heart attack, and adding to that was the scorching heat of June and ceiling fan to survive. (And yes I have already mentioned about the lizards + Mess food + what not, you name it )

Placement season, well lets not go there. My BP might shoot up. :P

GATE that's another thing that I have found to keep myself busy. WOW.

Honestly, I have no idea how I can summarize this one particular year of my life. My thoughts are scattered, my feelings are unresolved and like any other normal person I am scared to step into the unkown.

But at the same time I am hopeful and that makes this year a little less of a disaster. :P

Recently one of my friend pointed out, I was smiling the whole time while I was in a conversation. And I hated to admit but yes maybe I did blush. And if she is right, its generally among first few signs. :P ( what I read as a disaster)

Employee referrals. :D Yippy, Hurray. I want to kiss the person who came up with this idea.

One question that I stumbled upon this year and is now becoming the reason behind most of my decisions. "If you get a chance to meet your 10 year younger version, what will you tell yourself"?

I just wish and hope that I will have something interesting to work on in 2014. That is the only thing I really want right now. And yes finally a much awaited trip with my high school friends. Smoothning wont hurt either. :P (Yes, that will be all for my wish list of year 2014)

PS- I shall now update my blog once the semester gets over. So do wait and come back again. Till then take care and enjoy :D
Happy New Year in advance :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year .. 2014 will be awesome and fun ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete