Saturday, December 7, 2013

Rebooting your Life


Okay, this was supposed to be uploaded a long time ago, but for some reason I chose to keep it in my drafts. But then last night something happened and I couldn't resist and share this one.
...............................................................................................................

"I can't believe I am unpacking all my stuff, I was so excited to go to shimla. Damn this college." I said with despair in my tone and with a hint of anger in it. 
"Who the hell said college was fun?" Ipshita said in an even bitter tone. "We have zero campus culture, not a single cute guy, faculty that drives me crazy, compulsory courses and add to that the misery of wearing college uniform. Ughh I hate this place." 

Now for those who do not know. Ipshita is one of the closest being I ever had to a sister. She is funny, ambitious, kind and all those good things, but most of all what I like about her is, life becomes a roller coaster ride when she is around. 

"Why I am not surprised." I said half joking. 
"Shut up, that was not funny. I am depressed.... And frustrated...Somewhat irritated too...and Blah blah blah." She said sulking.
"Know what? Let’s go for a walk." I said and I stood up to find my slippers. 

She agreed as well but only after I promised her a sundae.
...................................................................................................................

"Let’s go out someplace this weekend na, I am sick of this place." I asked Ipshita.
"Well who is not. Let’s check noticeboard, we might find something interesting. Moreover lots of college festivals are going around this season." Ipshita answered and we continued forward towards the main notice board.
..................................................................................................................

"Look, here. A salsa workshop."  Ipshita said indicating towards a poster on the notice board looking excited.

"Sweet heart. I hope you do know Salsa requires partner unless of course you are willing to learn guys step for me." I said teasingly with a bit of sarcasm.
"Oh yes, partner. My life sucks eternally." She said.
"Well that makes two of us." was my immediate response. 

After a couple of minutes she said "Excuse me, you do have a partner. I am not sure if you are thinking clearly." 
"Haha, I am dying laughing on this one. We do not even hold hands and you are telling me to ask him for a salsa workshop. How brilliant of you." I said in a matter of fact tone.
"You know studies reveal that man like woman taking the initiative. Just saying you know......", and she shrugged in a typical cute girly manner, happy with herself for making an inside joke.
"And you do know your sundae is long lost forgotten story after this one." I said and gave her an ugly smile.
"acha acha sorry."
................................................................................................................................................

"Anyways let's see who is organizing." I said to change the topic.
"Some Aaryansh Aghnihotri. Nice name na. Look he has a vodafone too. " Ipshita pointed out.
"Hmm, yes its a good name." I nodded.

In that brief moment, we both knew what was going in our heads. And the next thing i know was we both were on a speaker call.
................................................................................................................................................

"Hey is this Aaryanh", I said.
"Yes speaking." was his response.
"Well I came across this notice for a salsa workshop, and I was wondering if I can register on the spot, because as of now I am not sure if I will be participating or not." I inquired.
"Yeah, Sure you can. May I please know from which college you are speaking." He questioned.

Now this was the question we weren't prepared for. So I ended the call in haste.  This was not the way we hoped for it to go. But after a couple of minutes cell phone vibrated again. It was a message from the same no. and we both lit up. 
"Hey you did not mention me your college name." was the message he left.

And we quickly decided to go with Hansraj.

"Well me and my friend is from Hansraj, but the problem is my friend do not have a partner. " We texted back.
"That should not be a problem, there will be many without a partner i suppose" was his response to our text message. 

"Actually the thing is my friend is pretty amazing, so you know. Why don't you go with her. You seem to be a nice guy to me."  We replied.
By now we were already rolling on the floor laughing. 
.
.
.
And this went on for a long time. Poor guy, he thought he got lucky. 
............................................................................................................................................

PS- I am going to miss our crazy times. It was technically our last semester together, and somehow things wont be the same ever after but I still wish to believe they will. From shouting in the corridors to spamming each other facebook wall. From juniors to seniors. From my 2 birthday's in May to your 3 birthday's in September. :P The way we order our food as if we haven't eaten from a month or so and end up saying... "bhaiya pack kerdo", and most of all how we never needed anyone to share our inside jokes.
And yes Plz Plz tel my future husband/bf to be as amazing shopping partner as you are. :D (just girly things)
And one story that i undoubtedly want to tell your kids is... " How I met your mother". Again.... how can you cry that much? :P 

And to the rest who are still curious, we told the poor guy about our intents later and said sorry. He created a little fuss initially but apologized himself (perks of being a girl). We still have his number saved as "Never ever Pick up".


No comments:

Post a Comment