Sunday, November 3, 2013

Mixed set of priorities


"Good choice, I like the guy", Ananya said looking amused with herself as i savored last few sips of my take away coffee.
Coming back from my train of thoughts, confused I looked around. "What?" I exclaimed.
"The guy you are staring at. I think he is kinda sexy." She explained.
"Seriously, Ananya." was my only reaction.

Well Ananya can be little pushy and compelling at times, but somehow I still feel she is one of the best thing that happened to me in college. I have absolutely no idea how I would have survived these brutal years of my graduation without a friend like her, specially considering the fact that I can be a little "drama queen" at times. Like say, today itself.

We have our own spot, where we usually hang out after classes. A small open air theater at the backside of a nearby mall. It is nearly walking distance and doesn't take more than 10 mins. to reach.  I like this place. For one, not many people come here except few occasional couples and two, the view is spectacular.

Adding to the view is all the festive decoration and lighting used by mall authority.

"Well, I was not staring at him." I explained. "I was just thinking about something."
"You sure?" She asked teasingly.
"Positive." I said laughing. "And moreover, he is not even my type."
"You know, you need to stop typecasting guys, or should I say outcasting 99% of human male population. Right?" said Ananya with raised eyebrows.
"Yeah, I know. I got you. Thumps up. Now lets talk something else." I said quickly changing the topic.

"So, what were you thinking about?" Ananya asked again.
"Nothing just in general." I said and shrugged.
"Did not look like in general." She argued.

"You don't give up. Do you?" I said half jokingly.
"No I don't." said Ananya. "And you in particular love guessing games. Com'on just tell me. Is it about 'missing  someone'?"
"Noooo, Ananya." I said stressing on my no. "I know exactly what you are hinting at, but seriously no. Not my concern anymore. Just in general." I repeated again, not looking at her this time.

"I am waiting, you know that right?" Ananya said looking persistent.
"Well, I was just thinking about the interview I had." I said playing with my take away coffee cup.
"Okay, so you are anxious about your result. It is gong to be fine." She said trying to convince me.

"I don't think its about the results, I think I already know what is going to happen. Its the feedback that I am worried about." I said looking in the thin air.
"What feedback?" She asked in a confused tone.

I narrated her the entire scene and told her, "At the end of my interview, my HR said I need to prioritize my life. I need to reevaluate, if what I was doing is what I really wanted to do at the first place. I tried hard to convince her, talked about my n no. of projects but all she said was its not about what you are telling me, its about what I can see."

"Its okay, Yar. Forget it. Don't allow her to play tricks on your mind and moreover become the reason you doubt your life decisions. Plus its not like she always wanted to become an HR." Ananya said. "I wanted to become an astronaut. Doesn't mean I can be one."

"Hmm." I said and gave her a subtle smile though not sure if was convinced.






   

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. wish i can kill few people.... my life will b so much more normal after dat... (apart frm d fact that i will turn into a serial killer :P )

      Delete